Friday 27 January 2012

The One Who Remains a Memory

The One Who Remains a Memory

Waking up to a glorious sunshine one day
I ran my hand through the moist grass covered with dew
Thoughts, running frantically out of my way
I thought,I do have friends,but,so few.

I saw my shadow, vary in length
As I sat on the rock, a silhoutte,
Thoughts,their pace set, volume gained
Meant for those who stood by me, stout.

The rays of the blazing sun,fell hard on my eyes
A cloudless, blue and chaste sky,loomed over it
I watched the horizon dazzle with colours,black orange and blue,
Thoughts, they singled out one amazing scrawny git.

The chores of the day began around me
It smelt of fresh flowers, with the buzzing bees in the air
Thoughts, focussed on this little lady, one with , a mind carefree
One who had a patient ear to lend, one, who was fair.

The roses bloomed red and bright, colours spread and fade,
The lonely swallow chirped about, hard to follow
Thoughts, they led my frivolous mind, to everything she wrote or said,
Every conversation revered, advice swam in waters so shallow.

I snapped out of the reverie, to see a train of ants,
Crawling around with food, morsels of their work, for winter,
Thoughts, they fly back, to wonderful times, of legends who have fallen
United with understanding, protecting from wear and tear.

Thus, the morning came to it's fag end, the heat so harsh,
I started the strut back home,slow steps reluctant,so old
Thoughts, they couldn't tell me as we drift away, hoping for the best,
What the day beholds and how the future shall unfold.


-Shubham Chattopadhyay

No comments:

Post a Comment