Friday 6 April 2012

Dead in the Clearing


Dead in the Clearing

Here I lie unseen, unheard
In the middle of the huge wild wood
When the desolate world in its step falters
With a pull, straighten it I could.

All around me,rabbits and deer
Dance, like people, hares and does
A peep I take without a fear
Silent, walking on tippy toes

Far across, a gurgle sounds
The sound of gentle water,
Dashing against the rocks it found
The stream could hardly scatter

The huge trees, deny my Sun
To pierce through the canopy
The great oaks stand, like mighty guns
The ferns attempt to copy

As night falls, across the joy
Trebles of croaks, reverberate
Blue and clear, the stars foray
Things go silent, too soon, too late

The howls of wolves, chill your spine
The roars about, set goosebumps upright
Memories roll back, to imperfect times
Reminisce, clouds my sight

My last night, if this is,
I offer silent prayers,
This faltering Earth, may bleed me thus,
But remain in peace, all my peers.

-Shubham Chattopadhyay

No comments:

Post a Comment