Friday 21 December 2012

Inspiration


Inspiration, a rather funny word,
Humorous and as important a virtue,
Lack of it, leaves one, a dud
A complete couch potato, enjoying a fondue

A word attached to so much value,
It acts during the final frontier of success
Needed, to break the creativity curfew
Without, a human, remains a mess.

From objects, inanimate, and people as such,
The places it hides, surprises us all
People search about, expecting not much
In a corner, a crevice, a rise or a fall.

In the lives of other people it hides,
Refusing to make an appearance,
At times, high in the sky it flies,
Severely testing your patience.

It's disappearance,had in a way, left me lost,
Without a fortune, without an ambition,
I raise my glass, a toast to my friend, covered in frost,
Who found me back, my dear inspiration.
-Shubham Chattopadhyay

No comments:

Post a Comment